THE METHOD TO THE MIKEE
MIKEE Sauces are designed to be easy to use, we know you don’t want to spend all your time in the kitchen, so that is why with any bottle of MIKEE you can make a meal. The recipes here are some guidelines for how you can use the MIKEE products, but don’t let these ideas limit you. There are no rules to cooking with MIKEE!
Tip: The vast majority of MIKEE Sauces & Marinades and salad dressings can “Crossover” to be used for items not described on the label. For example, Sugar Free MIKEE Thai Peanut Dressing and MIKEE Lemon Butter Herb sauce are also great on Chicken, MIKEE Chinese Rib Sauce also makes a great pork roast, MIKEE Honey Garlic Sauce makes great ribs. MIKEE Steak Sauces & MIKEE Wasabi Teriyaki make great salad dressings, you get the idea, the possibilities are endless.
If you need an idea on the fly you can always call us toll free at 1-877-TRY-MIKEE and be sure to ask to be put on our recipe list.
SEND US YOUR RECIPES
Every month we will pick a new customer recipe to feature. If your recipe is selected you'll get your name in lights here on our site along with a free bottle of the MIKEE of your choice!
POACHED STUFFED FILET OF TROUT
With Lemon Butter Dill Sauce
2 cups prepared cous cous
1 cup diced/mixed vegetables such
As carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, etc.
1/4 cup mixed/chopped tarragon,dill & parsley leaves
4 trout filets
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup diced shallots
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon chopped dill
2 teaspoon of chopped parsley
1 bottle mikee lemon butter dill sauce
Salt & black pepper
1) Prepare 2 cups of cous cous according to directions on package, substituting either
Fish or chicken stock for the water.
2) Add diced vegetables to the stock while making the cous cous. Set it aside and allow to
3)Season trout with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay fish skin side down.
4) Spoon 4 tablespoons of cous cous into the large end of each filet. Fold the tails over (to
Make a tidy packet) and secure with toothpicks.
5) Melt the butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until they are soft, about 7 minutes.
6) Add the trout, wine and lemon juice. Add the herb sprigs, cover the pan and put in the oven.
7) Cook until the trout is flaky about 5 minutes. Transfer the trout to serving plates.
8) Return the poaching liquid to the burner and simmer over high heat. Add one bottle MIKEE Lemon Butter Dill. Stir thoroughly. Bring to simmer, and shut off heat. Put the fish onto the plate and cover with the sauce.