With Lemon Butter Dill Sauce
- 2 cups prepared cous cous
- 1 cup diced/mixed vegetables such
- As carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, etc.
- 1/4 cup mixed/chopped tarragon,dill & parsley leaves
- 4 trout filets
- 3 tablespoons butter\
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 2 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 bottle mikee lemon butter dill sauce
- Salt & black pepper
1) Prepare 2 cups of cous cous according to directions on package, substituting either Fish or chicken stock for the water.
2) Add diced vegetables to the stock while making the cous cous. Set it aside and allow to cool.
3)Season trout with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay fish skin side down.
4) Spoon 4 tablespoons of cous cous into the large end of each filet. Fold the tails over (to Make a tidy packet) and secure with toothpicks.
5) Melt the butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until they are soft, about 7 minutes.
6) Add the trout, wine and lemon juice. Add the herb sprigs, cover the pan and put in the oven.
7) Cook until the trout is flaky about 5 minutes. Transfer the trout to serving plates.
8) Return the poaching liquid to the burner and simmer over high heat. Add one bottle MIKEE Lemon Butter Dill. Stir thoroughly. Bring to simmer, and shut off heat. Put the fish onto the plate and cover with the sauce.